Commercial Interior Space Designing-II 4(1+3)
Mahalakshmi V. Reddy,C.H.Sc,
Learning OutcomesAt the end of the course, the student will have knowledge of
- To educate students in creating a functional, ergonometric, and beautiful design for clients with interior spaces.
- Determine functions of a commercial interior designer in the planning, design, and execution of commercial space.
- Explain the sequence of procedures used in completing a design project, including conducting interviews, creating a design concept, presenting the design concept, obtaining client approval, determining cost estimates, making purchases of products and services, and supervising the work and completion of services.
- Demonstrate use of presentation boards to assist clients in visualizing the design project.
- Apply universal design techniques to the design of commercial interiors.
- Select materials and products for a project, including applying the elements of art and principles of design.
- Study building codes, fire safety, and barrier-free designs as essential components of laying out interior space.
- Practice and gain experience developing programs that satisfy your clients' needs and make the best use of space