Nutrition for Special Groups 3(3+0)
S. Shobha,C.H. Sc.,
- To know the nutrient needs of women and the importance of meeting them.
- To gain basic knowledge on importance of special nutritional needs in pregnancy and for nursing mothers
- To understand the importance of meeting nutrient requirements during infancy, nutritional care, feeding the infant and nutrition for high risk infants.
- Nutrition for children and adolescents and the importance of food and meals for the elderly
- Nutritional recommendations applicable to people engaging in sports and nutrition for astronauts, industrial workers, defense personnel etc.
- To acquire basic knowledge of nutrient requirements of burns, cancer, surgery, trauma, sepsis and HIV AIDS patients.