Human Nutrition 3(3+0)
K. Kaminidevi ,C.H.Sc,
K.Sreedevi, RA, C.H.Sc,
At the end of the course, the student will have knowledge of
- Different types of carbohydrates, lipids and fatty acids and proteins and amino acids required for human nutrition .
- The energy requirement and expenditure in the human body during rest and physical activity.
- The physiological and biochemical role of water, minerals and vitamins and their metabolism in the human body
- The diseases and symptoms resulting from deficiency of major and minor nutrients.
- The biochemical monitors used to assess the nutritional status of different nutrients.