COMMUNITY NUTRITION 3(1+2)
P.Yashoda Devi, C.H.Sc
C.H.Sc, ANGRAU, Hyderabad
At the end of the course, the student will have knowledge of
- What is under nutrition and malnutrition – causes, prevalence and its consequences.
- Methods of nutritional assessment of individual and group both directly and indirectly.
- The major nutritional problems existing in India- causes, effects, prevention and control measures.
- Various national nutritional programmes existing in India to combat malnutrition.
- Role of national and international agencies in improving the nutritional status of population.