E-Course Learning Material
Fundamentals of Textile Design
Associate Professor and Head,
Department of Apparel and textiles
College of Home Science,
ACharya N.G.Ranga Agril University
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Learn about various techniques and process of designing textiles
- Study about various dimensions of yarns like types of yarns, yarn size and twist and yarn calculations for weaving, preparation of yarn for weaving
- Gain extensive knowledge on weaving- primitive looms, basic loom and its parts, accessories required for weaving.
- Get acquainted with the basic weaves-plain, twill and satin and creating variety in weaves with different color and weave effects
- Learn about knitting – components of knitting, warp and weft knitting
- Get an insight into dyes and printing
- Get introduced to hand embroidery - the age old method of embellishing fabrics.