Indian Institute of Spices Research (IISR)
• The Indian Institute of Spices Research will serve as an Institute of excellence for conducting and coordinating research on all aspects of spices improvement, production, protection and post harvest technology.
• To extend services and technologies to conserve spices genetic resources as well as soil, water and air of spices agro-ecosystems.
• To develop high yielding and high quality spices varieties and sustainable production and protection systems using traditional and nontraditional techniques and novel biotechnology approaches.
• To develop post harvest technologies of spices with emphasis on product development and product diversification for domestic and export purposes.
• To act as a centre for training in research methodology and technology upgradation of spices and to coordinate national research projects.
• To monitor the adoption of new and existing technologies to make sure that research is targeted to the needs of farming community.
• To serve as a national centre for storage, retrieval and dissemination of technological information on spices
1. Preparation of training schedule
2. Organising training programme.
3. Conduction on demand training programme.
4. Other technology dissemination function.
5. Preparing video film.
7. Technical bulletin
Last modified: Friday, 13 January 2012, 5:35 AM