Indian Institute of Vegetable Research(IIVR)
• To undertake innovative, basic, strategic, anticipatory and applied research for developing technologies to enhance productivity of vegetable crops, their nutrient quality and post-harvest management.
• To provide scientific leadership in coordinated network research for solving location-specific problems of production and to monitor breeder seed production of released/ notified varieties and parental lines.
• To act as a national repository of scientific information relevant to vegetable crops and as a centre for training for up-gradation of scientific manpower working on vegetable crops.
• To develop high yielding, good quality, disease and insect pest resistant varieties/ hybrids of selected vegetable crops.
• To develop advanced production and protection technologies for selected vegetable varieties/ hybrids. • To undertake germplasm collection, maintenance and documentation in vegetable crops.
Last modified: Wednesday, 11 January 2012, 6:38 AM