National Horticultural Research and Development Foundation (NHRDF)
The mandate of the NHRDF is to:
• Undertake / conduct research or facilities in research and scientific investigations for the growth and development of varieties of various export-oriented horticultural crops.
• Establish institutes, laboratories, research centres, model farms, and study teams for promoting better quality and higher yield of horticultural produce, better packaging, suitable transportation and shipping to improve the shelf-life of the produce, and conduct experiments and provide funds for such research work and to educate farmers and disseminate technical know-how and results derived by conducting training programmes, seminars get-togethers, farmers' meets etc.
• Investigate and conduct research experiments for assessing demands of the horticultural produce of the Indian origin in foreign countries by conducting extensive survey and undertake research and development of horticultural produce with export potential, and to motivate farmers to grow such varieties of horticultural produce with the object of further developing horticultural exports from India.
• Prepare, edit, print, publish and circulate books, research papers and periodicals bearing upon the growth and development of horticultural produce or other scientific and research activities connected therewith, and to establish and maintain collections, libraries, statistics, scientific data and other information relating thereto.
• Conduct all aspects of scientific research and developmental activities in the field of horticulture or otherwise conducive to the objectives of the NHRDF provided, however, that none of the activities of NHRDF will be undertaken for profit nor shall it involve any profit motive. Provided, however, that the NHRDF may receive nominal service charges, wherever found necessary in the interest of maintaining financial stability of the
Last modified: Friday, 13 January 2012, 5:54 AM