Technology assessment and refinement programme (TARP)
The specific objectives of the programme are
1. To introduce technological interventions, with emphasis on stability and sustainability along with productivity for small farm –production system.
2. To introduce and integrate appropriate technologies to sustain productivity and profitability, taking environmental issues into consideration in a comparatively well defined production system. 3. To increase the agricultural productivity with marketable surplus in commercial farm production system with on and off –farm value addition.
4. To facilitate adoption of appropriate post harvest technologies for conservation and on – farm value addition of agricultural products, by products and wastes for greater economic dividend.
5. To facilitate adoption of appropriate technologies for removal of drudgery, increased efficiency and higher income of farm women.
6. To monitor socio-economic impact of the technological intervention for different production system.
7. To identify extra pollution domains for new technology or technology modular based on environmental characterisation at micro and macro levels.
8. Organising PRA (Participatory Rural Appraisal).
Specific aims of the project
Last modified: Friday, 13 January 2012, 6:10 AM