26 February - 4 March
5 March - 11 March
12 March - 18 March
19 March - 25 March
26 March - 1 April
2 April - 8 April
9 April - 15 April
16 April - 22 April
23 April - 29 April
30 April - 6 May
Definition of Rural Development
1. Rural development is a process of transformation from traditionally oriented rural culture towards an acceptance and reliance on science and technology (Ensminger).
2. Rural development improving the living standard of masses of low income population residing in rural areas and making the process of rural development self sustaining” (Lele).
3. To improve the economic and social life of specific group of people, the rural poor” (Agarwala).
4. Defines rural development as the process of change among hundreds of thousands of rural people. These people are found in families living in small isolated villages or moving about in small nomadic kinship clusters (Axinn (1977)).
5. Rural development is a process through which rural poverty is alleviated by sustained increases in productivity and income of low income rural workers and households (world bank).
6. rural development is a planned process using any form of action or communication designed to charge the environment, techniques, institutions and attitudes of the rural people in such a way that to eliminate their poverty and improve their way of life (Aziz (1964)).
7. Rural development has been defined as a process which leads to a continuous rise in the capacity of the rural people to control their environment, accompanied by a wider distribution of benefits resulting from such a control.
8. Rural development is defined as a process and suggestions are made on how it might be furthered.
9. Rural development in general is used to denote the actions and initiatives taken to improve the standard of living in non – urban neighbourhoods, countryside and remote villages.
Last modified: Wednesday, 11 January 2012, 8:54 AM