Fundamentals of Extension Education
26 February - 4 March
5 March - 11 March
12 March - 18 March
19 March - 25 March
26 March - 1 April
2 April - 8 April
9 April - 15 April
16 April - 22 April
23 April - 29 April
30 April - 6 May
National Demonstration (ND)
The main objective of this programmes are
1. To demonstrate convincingly to farmers the production potentialities of a unit area of the land by using high yielding varieties of crops and adopting a multiple cropping programme with full package of practices such as balanced use of fertilisers and effective water management techniques.
2. To demonstrate use of implement for different operations and use of soil testing laboratories for use of balanced fertiliser doses.
3. To fully exploit these demonstrations for the purpose of training farmers in improved cultivation practices and to use them as recognised and effective audio visual aids for the flow of latest research technology and results to farmers.
4. To provide research workers a first hand knowledge of the problems faced by farmers in growing high yielding varieties and to identify the constraints limiting the crop production.
5. To minimise the time lag between the research generated and its application in field.
Procedure to conduct national demonstration
Last modified: Friday, 13 January 2012, 6:06 AM