Broad objectives of the programme
The specific objectives of the Lab to Land Project are as follows:
1. To study and understand the background and resources of the selected farmers and landless agricultural labourers. To introduce low cost relevant agricultural and allied technologies on their farms/houses for increasing their employment production and income.
2. To assist the farmers to develop feasible farm plants keeping in view the availability of technologies, needs and resources of the farmers, and the resources which could be made available from external sources/agencies.
3. To guide and help the farmers in adopting improved technologies as per their farm plans and demonstrate to them the economic viability of those technologies as well as methods of cultivation and farm management.
4. To organize training programmes and other extension activities in relation to their adopted practices, and prepare them for active participation in agricultural development programmes of the state departments of agriculture.
5. To make the farmers aware of the various opportunities and agencies which they could utilize to their economic advantage.
6. To develop functional relations and linkages with the scientists/Institutions for future guidance, advisory services and help.
7. To utilize this project as a feedback mechanism for the agricultural scientists and extension functionaries.
Last modified: Wednesday, 11 January 2012, 1:22 PM