Family Economics and Consumer Education 3(2+1)
Rachana Krupaker, SRF,C.H.Sc.,
At the end of the course, the student will have knowledge of
- Having an opportunity to learn about the practical aspects of money management. The knowledge of this aspect would be useful to them in planning their future status as family leaders in dealing with these vital issues.
- About the importance of money savings and investment etc so that they can enlighten their elders in managing the family income scientifically.
- To learn practical aspects of the market and the way in which they can use their knowledge in developing appropriate buying strategies and in learning how to face the problem of consumer grievances etc.
- The learning of the various aspects specified in the course contents will help the students in developing them as good managers of family income and also as wise customers in the market.
- The tools of redressal of consumer grievances and the legal steps involved in consumer protection have very useful sources of information in facing the problems as consumers and in fighting against unfair trade practices of the traders and manufacturers.