Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development scheme for women (TREAD)

ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT FOR RURAL FAMILIES 4(1+3)
Lesson 9 : NSIC-Schemes for promoting entrepreneurship development

Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development scheme for women (TREAD)

  • With a view to encourage women in setting up their own ventures, government implements a Scheme, namely, ‚ÄúTrade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development (TREAD) during the 11th Plan.
  • The scheme envisages economic empowerment of women through the development of their entrepreneurial skills in nonfarm activities.
  • There are three major components of the scheme;
    1. Govt of India grant up to 30% of the total project cost to the Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) for promoting entrepreneurship among women. The remaining 70% of the project cost is financed by the lending agency as loan for undertaking activities as envisaged in the project.
    2. Govt of India grant up to Rs.1 lakh per programme to training institutions /NGOs for imparting training to the women entrepreneurs.
    3. Govt of India grants upto Rs.5 lakh to National Entrepreneurship Development Institutions and any other institutions of repute for undertaking field surveys, research studies, evaluation studies, designing of training modules etc.

Operationalisation of the Scheme
The scheme envisages that Women Associations/NGOs/SHGs should prepare composite bankable proposals for a group of women entrepreneurs, and submit to the office of the DC (MSME) for forwarding to the Banks for their appraisal. Bank examines the proposal and issues approval; 30% of the loan amount is sanctioned as grant and made available to the bank by office of DC (MSME) for further disbursement to NGOs.

Index
Previous
Home
Last modified: Friday, 6 January 2012, 8:46 AM