Purpose of Evaluation
1. Programme improvement : Evaluation is the integral part of the education process. It is focused on improvement of this process. We can discover ways and means for improving our educational work.
2. Programme accomplishments : Evaluation helps us to determine progress with any activity or job. It also allows us to assess the results of our educational efforts.
3. Public relation : Evaluation provide realistic information to report to the public, parliament and legislative bodies.
4. Profession growth : Evaluation enhances our knowledge. It gives us an index as to how we are doing as professional workers.
5. Professional security : Evaluation provides us with information that gives us satisfaction, a feeling of accomplishment, confidence in ourselves and in the extension education function.
6. Effective workmanship: evaluation gives us the opportunity to work together as an extension staff.
7. Impact of the extension programmes : Evaluation help to determine the short term and long term impact of the extension programme.
8. Content of the programme :Evaluation enables determination of whether the content is contributing to the overall objectives of extension or not.
9. Method of extension teaching : Evaluation provides information as to whether the extension teaching methods are being used effectively or not, or whether non extension methods are being used. It also helps in involving new methods of extension.
Thus the purpose of extension evaluation is to discover the extent to which programme objectives are being achieved, to determine the reasons for specific success and failures.
Last modified: Thursday, 12 January 2012, 11:11 AM