1.5.6.Rural Leaders in Extension Service
1. Leaders speak in the language of the local people and therefore often are understood by the people.
2. Leaders can help to analyse local problems which is a basis for programme development.
3. Prestige and personal following of the leaders increase the likelihood of new practices being adopted.
4. They amplify the dissemination of innovations in a social system
5. They help the participation of local community in extension programmes.
They act as linkages between the extension worker and the community.